What to do before
you can say "I do.
Forget what you’ve seen on reality TV shows. Planning a wedding can and should be a magical experience. You’ll find everything you need to make your vision a reality here, but, remember, our team is just an email or a phone call away if you have any questions.
There are so many different things to do and see when you come to the Heart of Florida's Emerald Coast that it can seem overwhelming when you add a wedding to the mix. In addition, you still have to accomplish all your wedding to-dos. To try to make your life more simple, the Emerald Coast Convention & Visitors Bureau has put together a sample itinerary for you and your guests.
Welcome * Wednesday
Bride & groom fly into Destin - Fort Walton Beach Airport (VPS). Welcome to the Heart of Florida’s Emerald Coast!
Warming up * Thursday
- Pre-wedding consultation with the officiant
- Pick up information for your guests, compliments of the Emerald Coast Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Enjoy the soft, sugar-white sand and emerald-green water with a stroll along the beach
- Take in a breathtaking sunset
- Head back to your accommodations for a good night's rest
Primp & Play Time * Friday
- Spa day for the ladies
- Charter fishing trip (or early morning round of golf) for the men
- Luncheon for the wedding party
- Wedding rehearsal
- Rehearsal dinner
- Rehearsal after-party
The Big Day * Saturday
- Ladies meet for breakfast
- Ladies head to the salon for primping
- Guys meet for breakfast
- Photos with the ladies
- Photos with the men
- Family photos
- Places, everyone
- Let the festivities begin - wedding ceremony & reception
- Say "Ciao" as you leave for the honeymoon
Until Next Time * Sunday
While you are waking up to the love of your life, the celebration continues for your guests. Have the family enjoy a scrumptious brunch at one of the area's beachfront cafés before heading home.